Bulk Trash Pick-up Schedule
- The DPW schedules BULK trash pick up once a month, the first full week of the month on your normal trash day.
- PICK UP SCHEDULE is on the calendar and may be accessed by
- Materials that are considered bulk would include but not limited to:
- METAL AND HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES: This includes washers, dryers, ovens, hot water heaters, bed frames, metal window frames etc.
- CAR AND TRUCK BATTERIES: Place at curb.
- USED MOTOR OIL: Place oil in containers clearly marked used motor oil and put at curb.
- USED ANTI-FREEZE: Place anti-freeze in containers clearly marked used anti-freeze and put at curb.
- CARPETING: Carpeting should be cut in 4 ft. lengths and weigh no more than 50 lbs. Place rolled carpet at the curb for pick up.
- FURNITURE: Place furniture at the curb for pick up.
- WOOD: Wood should be cut in 4 ft. lengths and weigh no more than 50 lbs. Fencing material is NOT considered wood bulk.
- Bulk items that will not be collected are:
- Any hazardous materials
- Construction and remodeling debris such as plywood, bricks, concrete, asphalt, sheet rock, insulation, flooring, shingles
and siding. Contractors and homeowners are responsible for the removal of these items
- No extra trash bags will be collected
- Any trash cans
- Bulk trash and trash placed at the curb improperly
- Bulk trash not placed at the curb on the proper day for pick up will be
tagged. If the bulk trash is not moved back from the curb, after being tagged, the Property Maintenance Officer will issue a warning.
- Any bagged trash placed at the curb and not in the automated cart WILL NOT be picked up. This trash will also be tagged. If the trash is not placed in the automated cart or moved back from the curb, the Property Maintenance Officer will issue a warning. Failure to
comply with these warnings will result in fines.
- Additional collection containers (carts) may be purchased in the clerk's office for $65 if you feel that the one cart that was issued
is not sufficient.
NOTE: The Public Works Department facility on Watsontown - New Freedom Road is open on Saturdays from 8:00am to 12:00pm for residents who wish to drop off bulk items that they do not wish to hold for their next pick-up. We DO NOT except remodeling debris at this site or on bulk week.