Effective Tuesday May 28th, 2019 we will begin the summer work schedule. 8am to 5pm Monday - Thursday & 8am to 11:30 am on Fridays. This will be in effect until September 3rd, 2019.
Municipal Court
"Please be advised on Monday, September 24, the court session will begin at 11:00am. 11:30am for Public Defender cases (previously appointed by the Judge) 1:00pm for attorney cases. This change is for this week only."

The Municipal Court office / Violations Bureau handles all criminal complaints, Ordinance violations and traffic tickets issued in the municipality. This includes complaints and tickets issued by Berlin Borough Police, New Jersey State Police and Camden County Parks Police. This office schedules cases for hearings, arranges the court calendar, records court proceedings and assists the judge in court. The Court office/Violations bureau collects all fines and accepts bail for outstanding warrants.

Krisden McCrink

Kelly J. Foster
Court Administrator

Richard DeMichele

Kristina Bryant
Public Defender

Court Office
Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
(856) 767-1721 or (856) 767-7777 ext. 300
(856) 767-8955 - Fax

For more information or to access printable Municipal Court forms, please click on one of the links below:

Paying Tickets By Mail

You can also pay by mail to the address above. Please include the ticket or a copy with your check or money order. Do not send cash. Please include a self-stamped address envelope if you would like a receipt. If payment is received after the apperance date, you may be assessed additional penalties.

award   Paying Tickets By Mail

Paying Tickets In Person

Provide Information Specific to Berlin, Borough - example below

You may pay your ticket in person at 59 S. White Horse Pike, Berlin N J . Building between Speedy Mart and King of Pizza.

Please bring your ticket with a check or money order between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.

A mail slot is located in one of our doors for your convenience in leaving payments after business hours.

Please include a copy of your ticket or your case number with your payment. Please do not leave cash in the mail slot.

award   Paying Tickets In Person

Contesting Tickets

If you plan to enter a not guilty plea to a traffic summons, you must notify the Court Administrator at least 5 days prior to your scheduled court date. If you fail to do so, it may be necessary for you to make two court appearances. Only those tickets with a checked court appearance date will be listed for court. If you have a summons that does not require a court appearance, but would like to appear, please follow the procedure above.

award   Contesting Tickets

Failure to Appear

If you fail to appear in response to a summons, or to pay the penalty, additional charges may result. A warrant for your arrest may be issued, and your driving privileges in New Jersey may be suspended.

If you have been issued a parking ticket, and fail to appear or pay the penalty, the owner of the vehicle may be subject to the same consequences listed above.

If you have any questions for the Municipal Court, please feel free to contact our office during regular business hours.

award   Failure to Appear

Paying Tickets Online

The State of New Jersey and the Borough have provided a new service to our customers. Payable moving tickets and parking tickets can be paid on the internet using a VISA and MASTERCARD.

Directions for payment, frequently asked questions, information on the Point System and more can be found on this site. To pay tickets on line you will need the following information:

Court Code – 0411
Ticket number including the letter prefix
License plate number
Credit Card – VISA or MASTERCARD

Pay Fines Online

award   Paying Tickets Online

Community Disputes Committee

Collingswood Community Dispute Resolution Committee (CDRC) utilizes volunteers, trained as mediators to settle disputes. The CDRC Program was created to achieve several goals; early intervention in less serious community and interpersonal tensions, remove the necessity of a court record for minor personal disputes and to relieve congestion in the court.

Mediation is an alternative to resolving disputes in Municipal Court. Trained mediators listen to all sides and help the parties to reconcile or settle disputes without court intervention. CDRC is solution oriented and dedicated to the principal that the settlement of a dispute rests with the disputants themselves.

award   Community Disputes Committee

Why is Mediation Recommended?

  1. There is no court cost to either party

  2. If mediation is successfrul, there is no court record when the complaint is dismissed

  3. Mediation promotes harmony among disputing parties because these parties play a role in the resolution of their case

  4. There is no β€œwin/lose situation:” All parties are winners

  5. There is no pressure on the parties to reach an agreement

  6. Mediation supports the idea of community involvement by using volunteer members of the community, as mediators, in terms
award   Why is Mediation Recommended?

How are Cases Referred?

  1. A complaintant files an informal notice of mediation with the count administrator to initiate the mediation process. Once this form is signed, a mediation date is set and a copy of this notice is forwarded to all involved parties

  2. A citizen, can also report an incident to the police who may refer the citizen to the local court administrator for more information

  3. After a formal complaint has been filed and the parties appear before a Municipal Court Judge, the judge may decide after reviewing the complaint, that the case is appropriate for mediation

Contact the Violations Bureau at (856) 854-7535 to obtain information about how to file a complaint.

award   How are Cases Referred?

The Role of Disputing Parties

Disputing parties play the primary role in reaching a realistic and workable agreement. All parties are expected to refrain from name calling, profanity, or threatening behavior. Parties are expected to listen to each other and negotiate a fair and reasonable agreement.

award   The Role of Disputing Parties

Who Are The Mediators?

  1. Persons who have completed forty hours of training combined with experience to assist parties resolve their contested issue

  2. Individuals who can remain objective and neutral and who can deal effectively with people

  3. People with the ability to get others to communicate
award   Who Are The Mediators?

The Parties Reach an Agreement

Once the parties reach an agreement, mediators will put it in writing. Everyone will sign the agreement and get a copy. If your case was referred to mediation by the judge, the judge will review the agreement.

award   The Parties Reach an Agreement

If No Agreement is Reached

If the case was court referred, the mediators will return it to court for formal proceedings. If the matter was referred to mediation prior to signing a formal complaint, you may wish to file a formal complaint with the court administrator. Cases unresolved through mediation must be referred back to court for disposition.

award   If No Agreement is Reached

If an Agreement is Reached but Broken

If your case was court referred, you may notify the court administrator to determine the course of any further action.

If you did not previously file a complaint, you may file a complaint with the court administrator or request an additional mediation session.

award   If an Agreement is Reached but Broken

Volunteer as a Member

We are always seeking members to volunteer to sit on the Committee. If you are interested, please call the Violations Bureau at 856-854-7535.

award   Volunteer as a Member